Friday, June 22, 2007


Dearest readers,



Shalom to you all after many many days have passed.



Thank you all for your encouragement and enthusiasm - which graciously helped me get off my married ass and back into the world of photography, which I have come love so dearly.



What you see in the picture, is the rakefet, or רקפת as we say in this neck of the woods, my favorite is Israeli flower. Those of you who know your flowers will recognize this little lady as a Cyclamen persicum. Because of her love for cold climates and rocky terrain, Jerusalemites are fortunate enough to experience this beauty in winter and spring time.



What is distinctive about this flower is the fact that its petals are folded backwards - hiding the flower's delicate organs. Legend has it that this is because one day the flower looked at her reflection in the water, and was so astonished by her beauty, that she could no control herself...



Thanks for hanging around...



D


4 comments:

Janet said...

Lovely flower and interesting, well-written text

Beetle said...

EXCELLENT captured and the story behind is interesting I've never know it before.

Anonymous said...

dude... this picture is incredible, it reminds me of this guy I know...

Unknown said...

Great blog Dan. I've just stumbled upon it.Why did you stop? How have you been keeping anyway,and how's Sam?